We encourage and welcome all residents to get involved in neighborhood life. We are better off that way, and it sure is fun to build relationships with people around us.
Sometimes life feels so busy that it seems impossible to add one more thing to the schedule. We won’t ask you to do that because we think building a stronger neighborhood is really more about having a mindset to see the neighborhood improve and then being available in very simple ways to the community. Like we say, improving a neighborhood is more like flipping a burger with the neighbor next door than resurrecting the Titanic.
Here are some ways to get involved:
- attend neighborhood events
- talk to residents on the e-Group
- take regular walks in the neighborhood
- say “hi” to people you see.
- be a part of planning events
- share your vision for the neighborhood with others
- introduce yourself to new residents
- think about some ways our neighborhood needs to improve and find a solution
- invite neighbors to eat dinner with you every once in a while
- start a Neighborhood Watch on your street
- become a blogger on the neighborhood site
- keep your house looking as good as possible
- find another resident to exercise with
- spend time outside
- use your creative ideas, talents, and abilities for the sake of the neighborhood
- find ways to help neighbors around you
- exchange phone numbers with neighbors around you
- help the neighborhood look festive during holidays
The truth is that it’s easy to think nthat working to improve our neighborhood is something we can let the City do or leave to a committed few, or even disregard because of how busy life gets. But the reality is if we are to see hope, increases in property value, change, and a deeper sense of community, then it’s up to us – bottom line. We are the guardians for our neighborhood and we will set the pace for our community’s values.
You can play an important role in the present and future of our neighborhood, no matter how old you are or how long you have lived here. It doesn’t matter if you rent or own. What are you passionate about? What would you like to see happen in our community? What unique abilities, angles and passions can you bring to the table for the benefit of everyone?
Be yourself, be creative, and go for it!!! And remember, in everything we do, let’s pace ourselves, not stress out, and enjoy life in Cordova Towne.
Contact us Below to Get Involved