New Sign on Mills Park Drive / Opportunities
We have great news!! City Hall has given us the green flag to move ahead with our plans for the sign. A few days ago they approved the design that Ainor Signs graciously donated to us.
What happens now? If all goes well, we’ll hope to install the sign in mid-November to early December. Before that though, we do need some help with several things. Here are four ways to get involved. Don’t be shy. This project will ONLY happen if we get the following things done:
1) Pass out flyers: We need a group of people to canvas the neighborhood to pass out flyers in the neighborhood. We may do two rounds depending on what we need to communicate.
2) Plan the celebration: We need help planning a party to officially welcome the new sign (we’ll invite media too). It would be great to have one resident volunteer to help be the planner and then others volunteer to help with logistics. This is not a major block party or huge undertaking, but rather something low-key and connective to sip on drinks and eat a bit. If nobody steps forward, we’ll axe the idea.
3) Fence installation crew: We need a few more residents to help install a new fence on the property behind where the sign will go. Thank you to those who have volunteered already. This will be the backdrop to the sign.
4) Clean-up help: We need a handful of residents to help clean up the general area surrounding the sign. There is quite a bit of debris. It would be ideal to have 5 people volunteer.
Thank you for your support. Let’s keep moving forward. Please join the eGroup if you live in the neighborhood. We need residents to talk with each other, report crime and stand strong together.
- Block BBQ Party Details: Sign Up
- Preview of Yard Sale on Mills Park Drive
- Would you be willing to pass out flyers?
- Vote on the two-phase plan for Mills Park Drive
- Event Flyers for early 2008